In this era of digitalization, we have got our customers who want the availability of support anytime and anywhere. As we all know social media has the upper hand over customer engagement. Digital Engagement Salesforce provides everything that you would need to turn your salesforce org to have a chat widget.
Now, switching among different Apps, Sites, or any inbox is not needed anymore, once you are able to access everything through the same window. It is a time-saving and very flexible feature of Salesforce.
What is Salesforce Digital Engagement?
As the name suggests it is the engagement of customers across different channels like Facebook, SMS, WhatsApp, WebChat over #1 CRM platform. Salesforce Digital Engagement can connect your customers across the globe through different messaging channels and let your agents talk with multiple clients by a chat window. It is mainly used in Sales and Service based scenarios.
Prerequisites of Salesforce Digital Engagement for Messaging Channels
Permission Set License Assignments
Messaging User Permission Set License Assignment is required to have the messaging channel set up privileges.
Make permission set with below-mentioned permissions and assign it to the user, which will be doing the configurations.
- App Permissions
1. Agent Initiated Outbound Messaging
2. Configure Messaging
3. Messaging Agent
- Messaging User Object Permissions: It holds all the associated sessions for that user.
- Messaging Session Object Permissions: It keeps the chat transcript of each session.
Enable Messaging To register your messaging channels through a screen flow.
Enable Omni Channel To do the required configurations for workload distribution among live agents.
Benefits of Salesforce Digital Engagement
- Digital Engagement Salesforce provides better connectivity with customers across multiple Social Media Channels.
- Digital Engagement Salesforce ensures 24*7 availability with a seamless service experience.
- Einstein Bots could be deployed to tackle the complaints on a go before routing to live agents.
- Digital Engagement Salesforce facilitates the assignment of the chats on the basis of skills or the availability of the agent with the help of Omni Channel routing and presence configurations.
- All the chats coming from multiple platforms can be received on a single widget. Also, you could supervise the workload on each agent
How does the Digital Engagement Messaging Channel work?
Once the channel is authenticated and well set up, it gets all the upcoming chats into the queues and assigns it to the agents based upon the Omni Channel configurations.
Once the message is accepted by an agent it reflects in the My Work tab of the agent as shown in Fig 0.2 .
A new messaging user is created for the unique sender and a new session is created each time a chat is initiated which is linked with the existing messaging user.
All the messaging transcripts can be seen associated as the Messaging Session on the Messaging User records as shown in Fig 0.5.
Lead/Opportunity/Contact could be associated with the Messaging User to keep the information as shown in Fig 0.6.
Salesforce Digital Engagement implementation guide for Messaging Channel (How to implement Salesforce Digital Engagement?)
Make sure you are able to enable Messaging in the Org and Authenticate the New Channel following the Screen Flow of the whole setup as explained below.
1. Select the channel you want to authenticate and get ready for your credentials.
Note: For Facebook authentication user id and password is needed while for SMS it requires (LOA) Letter of Authorization to get a number registered into the org by the Salesforce support executive.
2. Create a new queue or choose an existing queue to store the upcoming chat into it as in Fig 1.3, which will be distributed to agents as per their work capacity defined in Messaging Workload in Fig 1.4.
3. Define the Omni Channel Routing Configurations for the registered queue. Overview and setup all the Omni-Channel Settings.
- Presence Configurations are about the capacity of the workload of the users having that queue. The number of chats to be displayed for that user is calculated on the basis of the Total Capacity / Work item size.
- Presence Decline Reasons are required to be specified if an agent is unavailable to take chat and declines the coming chat with the specific reasons.
- Presence Statuses let the agent set the statuses to take new work, Available, On Break, Offline.
- Agent has to set the status to available if he is ready to take the new work.
4. Add the Omni Channel Widget on your console app utility items. Once you save the changes it is ready to use. Set the status to Available to receive new chats.
Pro Tips :
1. Outbound Initiation not supported in Facebook Messaging Channel
2. Needs Authorization (LOA) for SMS Messaging Channel dependent on salesforce support, so take buffer time.
3. Re-authorization required while any access is modified related to the linked Facebook Pages
4. You can connect multiple pages and channels and make agents access all of them through chat widget by making available for all channels.
So it was the overview of Digital Engagement Salesforce, everything you would need to connect any Social Media platform through the Messaging Channel in Salesforce, You can do wonders with the Salesforce Set Up.