The client is an American energy company that designs and manufactures crystalline silicon photovoltaic cells and solar panels based on an all-back-contact solar cell invented at Stanford University. The client has built comprehensive portals and applications on the Salesforce platform
- The client has multiple SCRUM teams distributed across the world working on future releases.
- The client used AutoRabit for DevOps (continuous deployment and code version management via GIT).
- The overhead of deployment was very high and needed 3 DevOps engineers to provide the release support.
- The pre and post steps were manual and took hours to complete on release night. That led to a lot of time wasted from engineers and managers who needed to be on release calls.
- Eliminated AutoRabit by implementing a Jenkins based CI/CD solution.
- Built custom solutions for automating pre/post steps and automated destructive changes.
- Removed all manual steps for pre and post-deployment.
- Implemented Feature Branching and triggered deployment based on the story status changes in Pivotal.
- Move stories to relevant releases based on story statuses in Pivotal which gave visibility on release scope to all using Pivotal.
Reduced the release engineering team from 5 people to 1.Built and deployed the solution in 4 months and have been providing ongoing services for Salesforce Release Management and Environment Management.
Ready to get Started with your Salesforce Implementation?
Contact us for a FREE consultation on how to get your Salesforce Implementation and Integration Project started.